White Gold - Handmade Sari Oblong Tablecloth (India) - 60 X 84"
USD 69.99In stock
- 60 x 84 Inches Oblong (Rectangular) satisfies Table size fits Table size 36 x 60 Inches up to 48 x 72 Inches which seats 6-8
- Made of Polyester yarn Sari cloth / Machine Wash
- Oblong denotes a rectangular dinner table. The terms are interchangeable.
- Tablecloth is lined with coordinating color cotton fusion cloth
- Price mentioned is for 1 Tablecloth. Design note: Because of the handmade dynamics of the cloth the border design may be somewhat diverse from displayed in the image
Set an exotic dinner table with these linens, influenced by the colorful saris of India. On the tablecloth, the borders are finely been effective with golden thread. The tablecloths are lined at the back with coordinating color fabric. Search for our matching draperies along with other home furnishing items.
Story Behind the Art:
These sari cloth for these table towels is created by artisans in Banaras. Among the earliest cities in times past, Banaras is steeped profoundly in myth and contains a rich textile heritage. The weaver society uses power-looms to generate sari's and just 3 sari's are made each day per energy loom. The whole family is generally active in the sari making process. The weavers, who usually spend their lives bringing alive delicate designs, gauge their existence in meters of silk, inch by inch-the sari and virtually all it signifies is the cloth of their life.These traditions of using the ladies in the family-who are usually only engaged in the very first element of the sari making-still continues.